Saturday 21 September 2013

focus on life–week 38–a quiet moment

Earlier this week I looked up to a shocking scene.

focus on life quiet moment

Franklin and Roxy have each had their turn on focus on life posts before, but this deserved another go.  I don’t think I have ever seen them share a chair.  [Pardon the mess of the other chair, in the frame, it’s time for it to go so naturally it’s in the middle of the room].  Closer inspection revealed they managed to not actually touch.  The arrival of kitty number three has the normally quiet natured Roxy on edge.  Poor twelve pound girl is scared silly of the bouncy little boy who is a quarter her size.  That blue mat on the chair gets a spray of a calming pheromone spray, which seems to be helping. 

Good grief right? I know, I know, it’s all sounding very dull crazy cat lady.  But in a quiet moment a cat will always come find me for a snuggle and a lap full of happy purring cat is a beautifully relaxing thing.  They are worth their diva-ness.

Head on over to Sally’s the Studio Sublime to check out what everyone is up to.

11 comments:

  1. Aww they look like they are used to being photographed! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo!!! Absolutely adorable. I hope they two share the chair more often in the future- who knows, they may come to like it! And I had to smile when I read how you tagged the post, "relaxed indulgent cat lady!". ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo, esp. if your kitties are usually bouncy! Seems that spray is working... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love cats. Watch out though LOL...those two are plotting to overthrow the new guy, you just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I think I can hear their purrrrrring from here! that is a very calming thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine like to jump up and run away when they see me with a camera lately....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a large grey cat.. a square orange cat (female) and a sqirmy football shaped black cat female... you will never see any of mine sleeping together... the orange one hisses and hides when either of the other two even come in the same room! Would love to see mine posed like that! Actually my grey male thinks he's a people and won't use the cat door if he can see a people! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps they are creating a plan for kitty number three. ;) Either way, it is a nice quiet moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet that they decided to help you see a quiet moment. They are truely treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very sweet! A few years ago, we added a bouncy baby boy kitty to our two cat family. He is a big coward to the doorbell, but a bully around the girls. He seems to think they are his harem. The calming spray is a good thing. Our vet recommended it to us. Enjoy the happy kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fine quiet moment. My dogs had a chair too. They took turns being in it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation