Friday 4 October 2013

focus on life–week 40–give us a smile!

Thanks all for your sweet comments on last week’s post, it’s wonderful to have such encouragement.  With a big smile on my face we headed out Sunday with the mission of apple picking at the orchard just down the way.  I’ve lived in the area my whole life and I’ve never been!  While apples were never the top fruit in our house, hubby and Averleigh are big fans.

Looking through the shots I could have shared many with wide smiles in what was a perfect sunny, warm fall day.  I kept returning to this one though, it proves a long held belief.  You don’t need to see a person’s mouth to know they are smiling.  It’s all there in the eyes. Who would doubt that apple hides a wide grin?

look

Now if only I could have had a little more light on those beautiful eyes I would be really happy.  I found the speckled light the apple trees made a bit of a challenge.  It’s hard to complain about shade when you are taking pictures amongst trees, but I wish some in the bunch I took like the one below had more sun in the right spots!

reachin

It’s a fun learning process, this photography.  Soon I think it will be time to have some instruction.  While I can read all sorts of things on the subject, I think there is much that could be learned in person. 
Thanks to Sally Russick of the Studio Sublime for bringing this little lesson to us each week!








14 comments:

  1. That photo makes me smile. She is such a little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! She's such a cutie :)
    Thanks for stopping by - I got to the end of my list and suddenly realized I'd forgotten coffee, which is my morning treat every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought about that but your right you can tell from her eyes she is smiling big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Smile picture. She is a real cutie! I know what your mean about the light. I have learned so much about light over the course of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a precious little girl. I love her smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Great pictures, and you haven't tasted apples at ALL until you've had them fresh from the tree. Those look like Macs...they'll be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling photos of Averleigh! She looks like she is having fun picking apples.

    Like you, I can read about my camera but I feel like I could use an instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just look at that smile,...and those eyes!! How adorable is she?!! How can you not smile while looking at these photos. Great post. Oh,..and my favorite apples are called Cameo apples -they're super great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pictures looks like you were having fun... I don't like apples... although I'll often steal my husbands and chew a face into it... sort of a mini jacko'lantern using my teeth and to quote my husband his poor defenseless apple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Averleigh's whole face lights up when she smiles - the apple does not fall far from the tree! (Sorry for the pun, but I had to!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, Averleigh's smile is infectious! We are huge fans of apple in this household - but this year we didn't get to any pick-your-own farm. Yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best smile yet! and all you saw were the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great photo! I know it must have been a candid shot, but the way you focused on the apple/hands with the legs and feet blurring just looks so amazing. You're a natural at photography, Emma! I've never been apple picking either, btw. My parents just went recently in Maine and brought back a bunch of apples for us in VA!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation