Friday 18 October 2013

focus on life–week 42–all in a day

“Let’s focus on 24 hours and see what goes on during your day!”

This week’s prompt from Sally at the Studio Sublime had me a bit stumped.  The first thing that popped into my head was all the waiting 24 hours for things to dry in my studio at the moment.  There are so many projects at various stages of wait, it’s starting to drive me a bit insane.  But this is what happens when you bust out all manner of mixed media.  Everything needs a good cure, then seal and wait, seal and wait, seal and ….. Yup, pretty boring picture I couldn’t bring myself to take.

Thursday I was already having a day I’d rather do over when Averleigh decided to celebrate finishing lunch Greek style.  Awesome. She screamed and screamed and while I thought it was mostly over the loss of the prized eat-every-meal-off-of plate it was at least in part because it landed square on her toe nail.  I didn’t realize it was really hurting until that night when the nail bed was purple.  Poor love.



Twenty four hours later, there I was in the kitchen grabbing lunch and thought, heck, that is the picture isn’t it.  I walked over to the dustpan I had left the pieces in (along with all the cat hair and crumbs) and assessed the situation

focus on life week 42

I thought of when we first found it, her reaction was “Where’s Daisy?” Daisy Duck is such an awful character, I was a bit bummed when she got so attached to her.  So it would be routine for lunchtime to include some story about where Daisy may be since she wasn’t with the others.  I bet that will just be my memory and not hers.  I will clean and tuck away these bits for something, someday. 

The metal plate in the background was MY plate it has an elephant that is practically worn away for good, you can just see it when tilted a certain way in the light.  Averleigh is quite pleased with how this one can spin around and around on the table.  No comment.

Hope to see some finer days from my friends below, hey they can’t all be beauties





10 comments:

  1. Oh poor Averleigh. I live a half hour from WDW, can take a look around next time I am down there and see what I can find for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a set of mickey mouse plates at the cabin they were ur every day plates... Mickey is taking a big bite from a water melon. Metal plates for kids sound like a eally good idea! until they start pounding their silver wear on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! poor thing .. that must have really hurt! I had plastic plates for my girls, and still they managed to break them? ha! I hope you can keep the food on the plate with all that spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, not a good day for Avereleigh. But little ones tend to move on easily. Hopefully she can find another plate that makes her happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the slice of you you chose to show us this week. Not all days are good. Hope Averleigh's toe heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, poor Averleigh and poor you for coping with all the drama.Kiddies do get so attached to their favorite items. Next time you will have to show us some of your creations that were curing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the poor sweetie - both her toe and the plate! Maybe you will be able to create some sort of 'Disney Collage' with the pieces for her,....kiddos do love their favorite plates and cups when it comes to eating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor little thing - no dancing for a bit I guess? I'm sure she will find a new muse in time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! Hope the next day was a better one, and that Averleigh's toe is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That plate reminds me of glasses we used to have.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation