Friday 13 December 2013

focus on life–week 50- a pop of red

Down to the last few photos for the focus on life series from Sally Russick of the Studio Sublime and she’s all set! This week, I went in search of a pop of red, as Sally puts it: “pops of red grab your attention and add such interest to a photo”.

The Christmas tree seemed like an easy target.  I have approximately 1 zillion ornaments, not that many of them are red.  I like to have a bit of a different tree – but I was not in charge of the tree this year. 

head of decorating

I was allowed to hang the garland and few others, but mostly Averleigh chose what to put on the tree and where.  With a kitten in the house I opted for the full complement of unbreakable ornaments and kept the precious ones hidden away.  I explained that the bottom branches were to be filled with the big bells – the cats hate the sound.  The rest was up to her and indeed a little red made its way onto the tree.

Of course the tree was still inspected by all the felines.  Ya know, there are a lot of hilarious dog shaming pictures out there and Roxy seemingly baited me into creating one of my own.  Little problem though.  Cats have NO shame!

focus on life


11 comments:

  1. Your picture with the cat brought smile to my face. Averleigh looks so proud of the tree she decorated. Lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put nothing but unbreakable ornaments on the tree this year since the cat was sitting under it pre decoration! My tree is 12 gauge twisted wire... cat proof, however they leave more than enough reconstituted cat food and grass to make up for the lack of tree to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Averleigh has grown!!! I remember the days of wide-eyed little ones ready to see Santa and waking up VERY early to open presents. How I miss those days. Your photos are wonderful, and Averleigh did a splendid job on decorating the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Averleigh has such a gorgeous smile! and she looks delighted to be on tree trimming duty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this cracked me up!! I actually laughed out loud when I saw the pic of Roxy and those added words,...LOL!! Averleigh looks so happy about decorating the tree - love her 'pop of red'. I miss having Logan that little sometimes as Christmas and decorating were so much fun at that age!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giggle, Giggle! I know that feeling well, as we have three cats, and Bebop the dog-cat!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My four are really pretty good about the tree which I don't understand. I figure they are waiting for one year to really just get me good...

    Your daughter is just too cute. I want to just give her a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Averleigh looks totally ready to welcome Santa... good job on your tree!

    Our cats have been surprisingly sublime around the tree (it has just been brought in in preparation for decorating tomorrow); actually I remember a few instances of my TODDLERS pulling down a tree or two. Apparently the cats know they could never compete with my four boys when it comes to tree mayhem *TeeHee*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Averleigh looks to proud! I remember when we used to have to put the more favorite ornaments at the top....when the kids and the dog were little....lol...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I love the photo with the cat and the caption!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Averleigh looks so cute in her red striped pants. She did a fine job of tree decorating.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation