Saturday 21 December 2013

focus on life–week 51- togetherness

Do you keep a lot of photos on display in your home?  I’m pretty awful about printing photos so there aren’t too many about. 

focus on life 51

This frame sits by the phone on our main floor.  I love these people.  All dear friends, whom I get to see and enjoy with varying frequency.  The greatest thing about true friendship is that those gaps don’t matter.  If it’s weeks, months or years the togetherness is what counts.

This focus on life series from Sally at the Studio Sublime has been another kind of virtual togetherness that has been such a privilege and pleasure.  You can register for 2014 and enjoy a year long journey in photography.  I’m going to decide before the 28th if I will be taking part again in 2014.  One the one hand a year has a certain completeness and it is always nice to make way for other new things.  On the other, it was a heck of a lot of fun so why not keep going… (and maybe just skip the weeks that just don’t happen and be at peace with that).

I’m thinking I will have another post before the 25th so I’ll save my Happy Christmas wishing for the moment.

Happy Solstice!

INLINKZ CODE FOR WEEK 51:


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely pair of photos - perfect togetherness!
    I've already signed up for 2014 - I wasn't ready for it to end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have random pictures scattered around the house! Mainly of cats and family! Hoping you have a wonderful holiday. Christmas is always more fun with children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will bring the framed family pictures out when we have our new home....soon I hope! It's nice to get a glimpse of familiar faces as you pass by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, friendships that weather the gaps are the best! Great photo for this week's prompt! I'm signed up for 2014, but I do love your attitude about being at peace if you happen to skip a week because life happens,...that's an attitude I'm working on adopting a bit more in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta photo this week Emma. Isn't it wonderful to have people like that in our lives? Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation